Saturday morning tennis is coordinated by Karen Davis. It is usually three sets played between 10:00 am and noon. Most games are doubles with the occasional singles when required. Occasionally, if the number of players require it, extra sets are played between 8:00 and 10:00. All the games are pre-planned, with the intention of creating balanced play.
Click this button to see the latest planned pairings.
Saturday morning tennis is generally suitable for players with competent social tennis abilities.
- Ground strokes - Able to move the opponent around the court or hit harder when receiving easier balls.
- Net play - Very consistent on forehand volley with easy balls, inconsistent on backhand volley.
- Serve / Return - Second serve much slower than first serve. Returns go in but lack quality direction.
- Matchplay - Plays social tennis at their club, is aware of basic tactics. Looking or starting to play team tennis.
- Technical - Struggles to play with topspin, mainly hits the ball flat. Is starting to understand different spins.
- Tactical - Has some ability to aim shots and move opponent.